Skip to content
- Use an entrance matting as a barrier from outside to inside.
- Grit and dirt acts like sand paper, remove shoes for longer periods of maintenance-free time.
- Sweep or use a dust mop, but do not use a household dust treatment or washing up liquid, as this may
cause your floors to become slick or make the finish dull.
- Vacuum your floor regularly – as often as you would vacuum carpets using the appropriate head for your vacuum cleaner.
- Stiletto shoes will cause indentations on your wood floor.
- Use a minimal amount of water when mopping; excessive water can cause deterioration of the wood & surface finish.
- Buy a “floor care kit” which is recommended for your choice of finishes.
- Never let water spills dry on the floor – mop up as soon as spillage has occurred.
- Control humidity levels with a dehumidifier or humidifier. you may need to add portable units in some rooms. A wooden floor should be in an atmosphere of 35 60RH.
- Have your floors re-coated, as and when the finish shows signs of wear.
- Only clean your floor when necessary, over-cleaning can cause increased wear to the finish.